Friday, September 15, 2017

WHY WOULD ANYBODY WANT TO COMPLICATE THE SIMPLE, WHEN WE KNOW THE KISS (KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID) PRINCIPLE WORKS THE BEST. Well, Not Everybody Knows That The KISS Principle Is The Best Way To Address A Matter. Those who complicate matters are usually called politicians who do not really have their constituents interests at heart.

Happy Riches

Happy Riches answer requested by anonymous

I have a very simple testimony: today I give God the glory for the fact that the joy of the Lord still resides within my being.

The problem with most people is that they have the wrong idea of a testimony. Do you want to give glory to God, or do you want to glory in the gory of the Evil One?

Too many people give the Devil the glory by exulting in how marvelous their wicked lives were before they became Christians.

After I had become a Christian and began attending revival meetings four times a week, I would hear people get up and boast of how wicked they had been. They would boast of how they enjoyed their wickedness and at the end of it all, something terrible happened: Jesus got a hold of their life and they could not sin anymore—but they did.
Many of these boasters (of wicked deeds done) went back into the world of sin and turned their backs on Lord Jesus.

Actually, I attended five meetings a week in those days. The fifth meeting was where we took communion; but this was not a gospel meeting. At the gospel meetings, where there were souls always giving their hearts to the Lord, testimonies were always given. Not all testifiers focused on how enjoyable it was to be a sinner. Many testimonies were of God doing a healing and these were often different to what people called “their testimony”.

Myself, I had sinned so much, I could not get up and boast about my sin. I was ashamed of my sin! This is because, my sin was not my imagination. My experience of knowing Lord Jesus is not a matter of imagination, either.

After having attended these meetings (five a week) for over a year, one of the preachers realized that he had never heard me testify. I was called upon to stand up and acknowledge Lord Jesus Christ in public before men.
  • And I tell you, every one who acknowledges me before men, the Son of man also will acknowledge before the angels of God; but he who denies me before men will be denied before the angels of God. (Luke 12:8–9)
I was not afraid to share with people on a personal basis about Lord Jesus Christ—through whom I had found forgiveness, because I hated my sin. But to stand up and testify of my past opprobrium was something that I was not keen on doing. Nevertheless, because I knew that if I denied the Lord, I would be denied, I went up to the front of the packed auditorium and asked God to speak through me.
  • And when they bring you to trial and deliver you up, do not be anxious beforehand what you are to say; but say whatever is given you in that hour, for it is not you who speak, but the Holy Spirit. (Mark 13:11)
I looked at all the eyes. There were so many eyes looking at me. Eyes were everywhere. I shut my eyes, so I could not see all the eyes looking at me—they were scary. I called upon the Lord to give me the words to speak and opened my mouth. Nothing came out about all those evil deeds and the disgusting, deplorable, wicked shameful things that I had done before I became a Christian. Instead, God revealed how He had been working in my life to bring me to salvation.
  • Jesus answered him, “Are you a teacher of Israel, and yet you do not understand this? Truly, truly, I say to you, we speak of what we know, and bear witness to what we have seen; but you do not receive our testimony. If I have told you earthly things and you do not believe, how can you believe if I tell you heavenly things? (John 3:10–12)
At the next meeting, the preacher, who started the congregation, approached me and told me that many people were blessed by what I had said, and they sensed the Holy Spirit speaking to them—people even gave their lives to the Lord as a result of what I said. He asked me to testify again.

Instead of glorying in my gory and giving the Devil praise for how depraved I had become before Jesus Christ got a hold of my life, God was glorified. Amen!

Later on, the Holy Spirit taught me that when people give God the glory, their faith in Him actually grows, and this enables them to overcome the Evil One.
  • No distrust made him waver concerning the promise of God, but he grew strong in his faith as he gave glory to God. (Romans 4:20)
Unfortunately, most people think that a testimony is what they did before they became a Christian, or before they acknowledged their need to repent. Instead of growing in faith (1 John 5:4), these people often flounder in mixed blessings with a double-mind (James 1:7-8; Psalm 119:113), or they return back into the world because they are unable to overcome the Devil (Revelation 12:11).

True Testimony And Lessons Learnt Are Available For The Truth Seeker To Savour

No comments:

Post a Comment