Wednesday, September 13, 2017

READING THE BIBLE CAN BE DIFFICULT FOR SOME PEOPLE WHICH IS UNDERSTANDABLE WHEN THERE IS A SPIRITUAL INFLUENCE THAT DOES NOT WANT PEOPLE ENLIGHTENED. Many People Even Have Strategies For Reading The Bible Because They Believe These Will Help Them Understand What Is The Written World Of God. Although reading the Bible is not the same as actually knowing the Living Word of God and experiencing a vital relationship in the Holy Spirit.



When I read The Bible a lot of times I just skip around Is there any certain scriptures books or verses I should study or practice Reading in any particular order, to get an effective reading understanding and or studying plan going?

Happy Riches

Happy Riches Answer requested by Jamar Grimsley


After I became a Christian, I read the gospels. In fact, reading the gospels gave me a greater appreciation of Lord Jesus Christ—other than the fact that He appeared to me, and something occurred within my inner being that gave me joy and the assurance of my salvation.

Not until I began reading the Old Testament did I learn about the experience that became mine when Lord Jesus Christ appeared to me. This I found rather odd, because many people told me that the Old Testament was a dead letter and no longer valid for today. Yet people in the Old Testament speak of the joy, which I experience, after they repented from their sins.
  • Thou meetest him that joyfully works righteousness, those that remember thee in thy ways. Behold, thou wast angry, and we sinned; in our sins we have been a long time, and shall we be saved? (Isaiah 64:5)
  • His soul draws near the Pit, and his life to those who bring death. If there be for him an angel, a mediator, one of the thousand, to declare to man what is right for him; and he is gracious to him, and says, ‘Deliver him from going down into the Pit, I have found a ransom; let his flesh become fresh with youth; let him return to the days of his youthful vigor’; then man prays to God, and he accepts him, he comes into his presence with joy. He recounts to men his salvation, and he sings before men, and says: ‘I sinned, and perverted what was right, and it was not requited to me. He has redeemed my soul from going down into the Pit,
    and my life shall see the light.’ (Job 33:22-28)
  • Yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation. (Habakkuk 3:18)
What I know is that if we love someone, we appreciate that person. The more we appreciate a person, the more we love that person. Appreciation and love—true love—go hand in hand. Yet in the book of Revelation, we read that there are people who had a love for Jesus before they turned their back on Him.
  • But I have this against you, that you have abandoned the love you had at first. (Revelation 2:4)
  • Restore to me the joy of thy salvation, and uphold me with a willing spirit. (Psalm 51:12)
We read that people turned their back on God in the Old Testament and learn that people do the same in the New Testament, even though they have experienced the joy. When we read that this love and joy is lost, we have to ask how can this be prevented.
Psalm One tells us the secret to success in this life. Even though living water is to come from the Spirit that is to be given to those who seek the truth, we still need to renew our minds.
  • Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the wicked, nor stands in the way of sinners, nor sits in the seat of scoffers; but his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water,that yields its fruit in its season, and its leaf does not wither. In all that he does, he prospers. (Psalm 1:1–3)
  • On the last day of the feast, the great day, Jesus stood up and proclaimed, “If any one thirst, let him come to me and drink. He who believes in me, as the scripture has said, ‘Out of his heart shall flow rivers of living water.’” Now this he said about the Spirit, which those who believed in him were to receive; for as yet the Spirit had not been given, because Jesus was not yet glorified. (John 7:37–39)
  • With joy you will draw water from the wells of salvation. (Isaiah 12:3)
  • Do not be conformed to this world but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that you may prove what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect. (Romans 12:2)
The reason people, who become infatuated in Lord Jesus, lose (what is termed) their “first love” and their joy is because they do not acquaint themselves with the truth that the Bible is about Lord Jesus Christ (John 5:39–40). Naturally, since the Old Testament testifies of Jesus, and the Psalmist says that it ought to be meditated day and night, surely one would want to read the gospels of the Savior’s visit to Earth more—as if they were love letters. People, who appreciate what another person has done for them, show their appreciation through their interest in that person. In my case, I read the gospels many times before moving on to other books within the Bible. When I did move on to other passages of Scripture, there came a time when I found myself being guided by the Holy Spirit that dwells within. For the enlightened, it is no surprise that Jesus said, the Holy Spirit will lead us into all truth—once we receive the baptism of the Holy Spirit.
  • And Peter said to them, “Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.” (Acts 2:38)
  • When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come. (John 16:13)
  • In him you also, who have heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and have believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit. (Ephesians 1:13)
The most effective pattern for reading the Holy Scriptures is to be lead by the Holy Spirit because you are besotted with the Holy One and His Son.—What is His Name? (Proverbs 30:3–4; 1 Corinthians 6:11). From my experience, this has been the Gospels first, and then as led by the Spirit of God.

Personally, memorization enables one to meditate more deeply, whereas reading does not quite provide the same experience.

The Ten Commandments Were Designed For You To Enjoy And Possess Life

LIKE IT-SHARE IT*LIKE IT-SHARE IT*LIKE IT-SHARE IT*LIKE IT*SHARE IT

No comments:

Post a Comment