Friday, July 7, 2017

JAILS TODAY ARE COMFORTABLE NOT LIKE THEY WERE IN THE FIRST CENTURY. Not Everybody Looks Forward To Jail, Some People Do Because They Are Able To Find Free Meals Each Day And Feel Secure Locked Up. The jails that exist in the countries where there are no human rights are not abodes to be sought.



What books can I find when he was writing all his prison letters from jail?

Harry Riches

Happy RichesAnswer requested by Jamar Grimsley


The book of Acts tells us that the Apostle Paul was a prisoner at Philippi, Jerusalem, over night at Antipatris, Ceasarea, on a ship across the Mediterranean and at Rome (Acts 16:22-23; 23:10-11,31-33; 26:32-27.1).

Antipatris is a town that was “built by Herod the Great, and named after his father, is represented by the modern Kefr-Saba, answering to the Caphar Saba of Josephus (Ant. xvi. 5, § 2). It was about forty-two miles from Jerusalem and twenty-six from Cæsarea.”

The epistles of Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians and Philemon have references to Paul being in prison.
  • For this reason I, Paul, a prisoner for Christ Jesus on behalf of you Gentiles. (Ephesians 3:1)
  • I want you to know, brethren, that what has happened to me has really served to advance the gospel, so that it has become known throughout the whole praetorian guard and to all the rest that my imprisonment is for Christ. (Philippians 1:12-13)
  • 2 Continue steadfastly in prayer, being watchful in it with thanksgiving; and pray for us also, that God may open to us a door for the word, to declare the mystery of Christ, on account of which I am in prison, that I may make it clear, as I ought to speak. (Colossians 4:2-4)
  • Paul, a prisoner for Christ Jesus, and Timothy our brother, to Phile′mon our beloved fellow worker. (Philemon 1:1)
The four epistles of Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians and Philemon are believed to have been written in Rome.
  • All the saints greet you, especially those of Caesar’s household. (Philippians 4:22)
  • But Timothy’s worth you know, how as a son with a father he has served with me in the gospel. I hope therefore to send him just as soon as I see how it will go with me. (Philippians 2:22–23)
  • Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, and Timothy our brother. (Colossians 1:1)
  • Tychicus will tell you all about my affairs; he is a beloved brother and faithful minister and fellow servant in the Lord. I have sent him to you for this very purpose, that you may know how we are and that he may encourage your hearts, and with him Onesimus, the faithful and beloved brother, who is one of yourselves. They will tell you of everything that has taken place here. (Colossians 4:7-9)
  • Now that you also may know how I am and what I am doing, Tychicus the beloved brother and faithful minister in the Lord will tell you everything. (Ephesians 6:21)
  • I appeal to you for my child, Onesimus, whose father I have become in my imprisonment. (Formerly he was useless to you, but now he is indeed useful to you and to me.) I am sending him back to you, sending my very heart. (Philemon 1:10–12)
  • Aristarchus my fellow prisoner greets you, and Mark the cousin of Barnabas (concerning whom you have received instructions—if he comes to you, receive him). (Colossians 4:10)
  • Epaphras, my fellow prisoner in Christ Jesus, sends greetings to you, and so do Mark, Aristarchus, Demas, and Luke, my fellow workers. (Philemon 1:23–24)
The Bible informs us that the Apostle Paul had was a prison at Philippi, Jerusalem, over night at Antipatris, Ceasarea, on a ship across the Mediterranean and at Rome. There are four books that self-identify Paul as the author when he was a prisoner. These four epistles are believed to have been written at Rome because of the connections between Tychicus, Onesimus Aristarchus, and Timothy.

At the beginning of the Epistle of Philemon, Timothy is mentioned as being with him while in prison, but not as a prisoner. Paul was going to send Timothy to Philippi, while he appears to be at Rome, possibly having converted members of Caesar’s household. Nevertheless, Aristarchus was a prisoner with Paul and his mention in the letter to Colossians and Philemon, enables the connections to be made through Timothy, Tychicus and Onesimus.

Paul Always Referred To The Only Words Written By The Finger Of God For Authority

No comments:

Post a Comment