Thursday, October 6, 2016

CHRISTIANS HAVE MANY BELIEFS THAT ARE NOT RECOGNIZED BY OTHER PEOPLE CALLING THEMSELVES CHRISTIANS. What A Person Believes May Not Be The Truth Or Even Found To Be In The Bible, Even Though Bible Verses Are Used To Support That Particular Belief. Rather than the truth, heresies are usually more about what particular groups of people believe that are not acceptable to other groups.


Someone says," God’s work is all recorded in the Bible. We should believe in God according to the Bible." How do you think the question, after watching the movie?
There are heresies and there is truth.

Anyone who departs from a group worldview becomes a heretic. Some people believe that there are more than 66 books that form the canon of the Bible. Others will say that there are not.

From a Christian perspective, for this is what I am, there is no other written guide that carries the same authority as the Bible.

Why do I accept this?

Jesus said that the Bible bears witness to Him. He was speaking about the Old Testament.
  • You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; and it is they that bear witness about me, yet you refuse to come to me that you may have life. (John 5:39-40)
Since the Old Testament testifies of Lord Jesus Christ, I accept its authority. Many people claim it is old hat and not worth its salt. However, when I read that God is the source of joy which is the assurance of salvation in the Old Testament, I knew this had to be true, because I received that joy when I met Lord Jesus Christ. It has not departed.
As for what Jesus said and did and what the Apostles said and did, when I read the book of Luke and the book of Acts, I find these words:
  • Inasmuch as many have undertaken to compile a narrative of the things that have been accomplished among us, just as those who from the beginning were eyewitnesses and ministers of the word have delivered them to us, it seemed good to me also, having followed all things closely for some time past, to write an orderly account for you,most excellent Theophilus, that you may have certainty concerning the things you have been taught. (Luke 1:1-4)
  • In the first book, O Theophilus, I have dealt with all that Jesus began to do and teach, until the day when he was taken up, after he had given commands through the Holy Spirit to the apostles whom he had chosen. He presented himself alive to them after his suffering by many proofs, appearing to them during forty days and speaking about the kingdom of God. And while staying with them he ordered them not to depart from Jerusalem, but to wait for the promise of the Father, which, he said,“you heard from me; for John baptized with water, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now.” (Acts 1:1-5)
Since an historical account has been written down regarding what Jesus did and what the Apostles did, I accept this as a legitimate record. In accepting the Gospel of Luke and the Acts of the Apostles as authentic, and having received the baptism of the Holy Spirit, I realize that what Jesus taught and the Apostles taught are guidelines to which I should adhere. Consequently, when I read that the people devoted themselves to the Apostles teachings (Acts 2:42), and they have written down what we need to know, it would be presumptuous and arrogant of me if I decided that I was greater than them. Since, I want to know the truth, I read the Bible.

The Apostle Peter says that the Apostle Paul knows more than he does (2 Peter 3:14-16). Therefore, I respect what the Apostle Paul has written. And the Apostle Paul states in numerous places that we are not to go beyond what is written.
  • I have applied all these things to myself and Apollos for your benefit, brothers, that you may learn by us not to go beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up in favor of one against another. (1 Corinthians 4:6)
The Apostle Paul, when he refers to "what is written" always is speaking of the Old Testament. This is a reference to the Prophets. Moses was a prophet. Since the church is to be built upon the apostles and the prophets, with Lord Jesus Christ being the cornerstone, I accept that the truth that I need to know will have been written by them. So I accept the writings of the apostles and the prophets that bear witness to Lord Jesus Christ as authoritative. For they are able to make me wise for salvation, and they are profitable for teaching, reproof, correction, and training in righteousness.

As I read through the Scriptures, I learned the LAW contained the embodiment of knowledge and truth (Romans 2:20) and Moses was shown what God had already planned in Heaven (Hebrews 8:5). Moreover, I discovered that the Ten Commandments in Exodus, chapter twenty, were the only words attested to having been written by God Himself (Deuteronomy 9:10). These same words God also spoke to the nation of Israel. This is the only time in history that it has been recorded that a whole nation has been addressed by Lord God Almighty Himself.

Should we believe in God according to the Bible? Is it a heresy to diverge from the what the Apostles and Prophets of God have declared to us? Would it be wise to disregard the only words written by the Only Omniscient God Himself?

I have had many visions. Yet I have never taken a stand on a vision. Even today, I will not take a stand on a vision. This is the reason why? It is written:
  • These are a shadow of the things to come, but the substance belongs to Christ. Let no one disqualify you, insisting on asceticism and worship of angels, going on in detail about visions, puffed up without reason by his sensuous mind, and not holding fast to the Head, from whom the whole body, nourished and knit together through its joints and ligaments, grows with a growth that is from God. (Colossians 2:17-19)
I have seen many different beings that are detrimental to the well-being of humans. Some have been familiar spirits, others have been lying spirits, religious demons, demons of depression, and many more creatures, included a Prince of Darkness.
Furthermore, I have seen angels who are different in appearance. I have seen thrones. I have have seen Lord Jesus on numerous occasions. Even appearing to me once in a concert hall and saying, "I have many people here." That blew me away, as did the time that Jesus appeared on another occasion when I was in a church where people were going up the front to receive the host. Then there was the time Jesus appeared to me standing in a race course. And many more times.

If anybody has reason to claim anything special, I could. But I will not go beyond what is written because of what the Apostle stated. Also, Jesus when dealing with the Devil, used the term "it is written" to deal with Him.

So I will say, do not to go beyond what is written in the Bible, lest you become puffed up and conceited. Be humble. If anybody has a sure word of prophesy, let every word be proven. For those who do not understand the very words that God Himself has written are probably deceived and will deceive you, if they say listen to me. Every word that does not bear witness to Lord Jesus Christ as being the Lord and Savior of humankind has to be false when it comes to knowing the truth about life and our purpose for existence.

Test False Teachers By Understanding The Only Words Written By God Himself

No comments:

Post a Comment