Thursday, February 19, 2015

WOMEN CAN WEAR THONGS IN A RESTAuRANT BUT NOT MEN

Standards change depending where we happen to be. There was time when I went to school that if you said any slang word you would be reprimanded. Taboo words were a serious offence and this would require detention or being strapped or a caning. Today taboo words are “nigger” or “poofter” while the old fashioned taboo words that referred to the genitals or coitus are acceptable.

Just today I went to a restaurant and was not permitted entry because I was not wearing the acceptable dress code. I pointed out that women wear the same shoes as I was wearing and they were admitted. Evidently, for a male to be wearing leather thongs is unacceptable but for a female this is not an issue.

Evidently women in thongs are acceptable but not the Prodigal Son. By thongs, I do not mean a garment worn for swimming or sunbathing, consisting of thin strips of material that cover the genitals but leave the buttocks bare or anything resembling a g-string.

Just in case you do not understand what I mean by “thongs”,  a leather thong is a sandal held on the foot by a strip of leather that fits between the first and second toes and is connected to two straps  passing over the top of the foot and around the sides of the foot and attached to the sole.

A cheaper version of thongs, which have soles made out of bamboo, rubber or plastic  and cloth, rubber or plastic material for straps are known as flip-flops, jandals and, of course, thongs, in different parts of the world.

 Discrimination is something that can create major problems for society; especially when it becomes racial or religious or directed towards a particular gender. Many other forms of social discrimination affect our everyday lives.  In many instances, discrimination is unfair and is based on prejudices that really ought to be overlooked. Disabled people are often discriminated against, as are those suffering from obesity, or did not attend the right school or come from the right social background. Ivory league education is considered essential if a person is to be considered for the more prestigious and higher paid occupations or positions of power; something Obama has indicated.

When I sought the Heavenly Father to meet Lord Jesus Christ, I did not think that I was special, nor did I think that I was unworthy, I thought that if anybody else could know Him, surely I could too.  When I later began to read the New Testament, I came across these words written by the Apostle  Paul in the book of Romans:
Not only this, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces perseverance;  and perseverance, proven character; and proven character, hope:  and hope doesn’t disappoint us, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us. For while we were yet weak, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly (Romans 5:3-6 World English Bible).
Without realizing that I was ungodly, as are all who have sinned against God, I did realize that I was no better than, and no worse than, anybody else before the Heavenly Father.  With God there is no partiality, we are all in the same hole heading for eternal torment unless we find a way out. Jesus is our way out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment